Summary of Authority & Responsibility
Aggressively moves through a company-approved course of training that prepares the person to meet some of the qualifications for the Adjuster position.
Managed by the manager, but daily (non-personnel) activities may be directed and measured by other claims personnel.
College bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required; demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills required.
Location and Equipment
Inside office environment. Must be able to use a computer with various software programs and a digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with branch manager, adjusters, other trainees and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants, tradespersons and attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete assigned training activities on a timely basis and demonstrate adequate understanding of the concepts taught.
- Begin pre-licensing and licensing activities required to obtain required adjuster licenses and aggressively move toward licensure.
- Handle assigned clerical responsibilities on a temporary basis to improve understanding of workflow.
- Handle small claims or portions of claims under strict supervision unless prohibited by licensure laws.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by Branch Manager.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used in evaluating applicants for this position.