Summary of Authority & Responsibility
Provides office support to claims managers and adjusters including answering telephones, typing correspondence and forms and pulling and storing files; may handle small claims not requiring licensure; may distribute work to other clerical staff.
Managed by the TPA Office Manager, or the TPA manager.
Three years of administrative/clerical experience required;
Microsoft Word experience required; transcription; demonstrated written and oral communication, and problem analysis and organizational skills required.
Location and Equipment
Inside environment. Equipment includes computer, transcription machine, calculator, telephone, copier, printer, fax machine and other miscellaneous equipment as needed.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with senior level management and various Corporate HQ staff, Regional and District Managers, Branch Manager, Adjusters and other administrative staff. Outside contact with clients, branch offices, attorneys, insurance agents and travel agents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist managers with the organization and coordination of various projects.
- Use good judgment in handling matters requiring attention in the absence of managers.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information acquired during the course of the job performance.
- Answer phones courteously and professionally and generate quality messages.
- Take new assignment information and enter it into the computer.
- Provide quality transcription of reports and correspondence.
- Complete, send and file routine reports in a timely manner.
- Generate invoices based on approved invoice worksheets. Order office supplies as needed through approved channels.
- Maintain Client Instructions and procedural manuals in proper order.
- Complete training activities timely and demonstrate understanding of concept Begin pre-licensing and licensing activities required to obtain licenses Perform job-related tasks as assigned by Manager.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used in evaluating applicants for this position.